Talk of the Town Coupons is a monthly coupon booklet direct mail company. They needed a new site design as well as a way to validate coupons at their clients point of sale registers without a gigantic infrastructure build and an enterprise level deployment at their client level. In conjunction they were looking to increase their search exposure, at that time they were seeing about 2800 page clicks per month.
We decide to build 2 distinct digital portals. One to manage, create, and administer their clients and their coupons and a front end billboard site which would better serve their SEO and front end marketing needs. To address the POS coupon validation issue, each couponer gets their own dynamically unique QR Code per coupon which enables their client to use any smart device to scan the code and enter a validation code. The coupon is then rendered used(for that couponer only) and the entire process is tracked.
The new site now incorporated structured data which increased their monthly clicks from 2800 to an average of 3800 to 5000 depending on the season. Many more features were built in, such as geo located coupons, automated email with users favorite coupon categories, etc..
Technical and Service Scope:
- Website – Designed and built using Divi theme builder on top of WordPress
- PWA – Designed and built using a coupon framework on top of Laravel. Details I am not a Laravel dev person, I can maintain and manage to some degree but I do not currently have Laravel writing skills. However, I am working on a course path through Lynda.com to learn Laravel.
- Mobile Site – Designed and built using Mobilution.io
- SEO/SEM – BXM’s FSD a structured data automation tool
- Google My Business – Manage and setup 7 Google Businesses
- Google Cloud – Manage, setup, and integrated relevant APIs
- Digital Marketing – Manage and setup relevant APIs. Designed and deployed Mailchimp email campaigns
- Social Network – Manage, setup, and integrated relevant APIs for Facebook and Twitter
- Videos – Designed and built in Adobe After Effects